WRITING AND PUBLISHING EXPERIENCE:
- “Influences on Somatics from India, China, Japan and Africa,” chapter in Mindful Movement: The Evolution of the Somatic Arts and Conscious Action [working title], by Martha Eddy, PhD. (Intellect Press, to be released in August 2016).
- Beyond the Da Vinci Code from the Rose Line to the Bloodline: The Unauthorized Guide to Dan Brown’s Best-Selling Novel (Sterling, 2005).
- The Little Book of Mother Teresa (Barnes & Noble, 2004).
- The Little Book of Freemasonry (Barnes & Noble, 2004).
- The Little Book of the Holy Grail (Barnes & Noble, 2004).
- Dreamfinder: Discovering the Divine through Your Dreams (coauthor) (Andrews McMeel, 2004).
- Six published ghostwritten books on a healing method, prophecy, medical care, education, and other topics.
2003–2005: Freelance writer, ghostwriter, assistant artistic director, abridger, copyeditor, and proofreader with The Book Laboratory, Inc. I worked as a ghostwriter, assistant artistic director, abridger, editor, copyeditor, and proofreader on the following projects:
- A Garden by the Sea by Leila Hadley (Rizzoli, 2005): editing.
- Divine Proportion: Phi in Art, Nature and Science by Priya Hemenway (Sterling, 2005): editing and fact checking.
- The Illustrated on the Shoulders of Giants: The Great Works of Physics and Astronomy by Stephen Hawking (Running Press, 2004): abridging, copyediting, and selection and placement of illustrations.
- World’s End: 2009 Prophecies for the Coming Messiah and Armageddon by Peter Lorie (Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin, 2004): editing and ghostwriting.
- The Little Book of Mary by Priya Hemenway (Barnes & Noble, 2004): editing and proofreading.
- The Little Book of Saints by Priya Hemenway (Barnes & Noble, 2004): editing and proofreading.
- The Little Book of Jesus by Priya Hemenway (Barnes & Noble, 2004): editing and proofreading.
- The Little Book of Eastern Wisdom by Priya Hemenway (Barnes & Noble, 2003): editing.
- In Search of the Hidden Treasure: A Conference of Sufis by Pir Valayat Inayat Khan (Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin, 2003): editing.
- Nostradamus 2003–2025: A History of the Future by Peter Lorie (Pocket, 2002): editing.
Freelance Editing and Writing:
1998–present: Copyeditor and occasional writer for magazine The Viha Connection: The World of Osho.
1995–present: Copyeditor and ghostwriter for private authors and businesses, including editing and consultation with students writing doctoral dissertations for the International University for Professional Studies and other schools. Some recent projects include:
- Mindful Movement: The Evolution of the Somatic Arts and Conscious Action [working title], by Martha Eddy, PhD. (Intellect Press, to be released in August 2016).
- Meditation in the Wild: Buddhism’s Origin in the Heart of Nature, by Charlie Fisher, PhD. (Changemakers Books, 2014)
- Conscious Dinner Parties and Conscious Afternoon Teas, by Jyl Auxter (Balboa Press, 2013, 2014).
2006–2008: Writer of online legal copy for Advice Company.
1997–1998: Copyeditor and help-text writer for Broderbund Software, Novato, CA.
1996–1997: Freelance editor with Papier-Mache Press, Watsonville, CA.
1991–1995: Legal writer, Maui, HI.
1990–1991: Proofreader, rewriter, copyeditor for Kodansha International, University of Tokyo Press, The Tecrite Institute, Sansei International, Japan.
1987–1990: Literary editor, staff writer, copyeditor, proofreader for Osho Times International, Pune, India.
2003: Master of Arts in Theology, Graduate Theological Union and Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology, Berkeley, CA. (Thesis on comparative mysticism.)
1995: Advanced certification in hypnotherapy, Irv Katz, Ph.D., Maui, HI.
1976: Juris Doctor, University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, OR. (Member and associate editor of law review.)
1972: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR.